Machining Capabilities: Continually Investing for the Future
Jaco is continually investing in new machines, equipment and training in order to keep competitive. Our entire facility is climate controlled year round which allows us to hold very close tolerances.
We have also invested in state of the art CAD/CAM systems to support our operations such as CATIA, Mastercam and Solidworks as well as having the usual materials management, inventory and accounting systems.
Also, all of our subcontracted services and special processing that we manage is performed only by both Jaco and customer approved suppliers which must conform to customer, NADCAP or Mil specification requirements.
General Tolerances and Sizes Held
The approximate size of parts that we can manufacture are on the smaller to medium size. Parts that you could hold in your hands or arms is what what we can produce. Any larger and as our backs simply can't take it.
The maximum part sizes below are general approximations. The exact part envelope size that we can support really depends on the nature of the features to be machined, where located, and other factors. Contact us for more information or send us a drawing or model and we'll tell you up front if we can make your part or not. And we support both Imperial and Metric designs.
- Milling Maximum Part size: 32" x 22" x 25" approximate.
- Turning Maximum Part size: 15" diameter x 72" length
- Assemblies Maximum size: 120" x 45" x 45" .
- Tolerances as close as + - .000050 inch are regularly held
Milling (Mills) Equipment List and Capabilities
- Support for high-speed, CNC 3, 4 and 5 Axis precision Milling
- Several Mori-Seiki Horizontal Machining Centers
- Several DMG Mori DMU-50 5 Axis Milling Centers
- Various 3, 4 axis DMG Mori, Mori-Seiki High Speed Machining Center
- Several Mazak CNC High Speed Machining Centers
Turning (Lathes) Equipment List and Capabilities
- Support for multi-axis, live tooling and multi spindle computerized turning centers.
- Various Mori-Seiki CNCs Lathes
- Doosan CNC Mill / Turn center with Live Tooling, Dual Spidle Mill Turn capability
- Various Conventional Hardinge Precision Manual lathes
- Boyar-Shultz Surface Grinders
- Sunnen Honing Machines
- Various horizontal, vertical, cut-off saws
- COMCO Micro Deburring Equipment
Quality Assurance Related Equipment
- Air-Conditioned Quality Assurance department.
- PC-DMIS Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)
- Hardness testing equipment.
- Optical comparators
- Tool Gage Calibration tracking and recall software system
- Complete set of calibrated Plug, Internal Thread and External Ring Thread gages.
Materials Which we have Experience Machining
- All types of high temp, high tensile "aircraft grade" alloys and stainless steels
- We Work with Round, bar, plate, extrusions, Castings, forgings.
- All grades of aircraft grades aluminum alloys
- Exotics such as titanium, Inconel, MP35N, 4330, 4330, and more.
- Some Plastics such as Nylon, Delrin, Teflon, etc.
- Certain Copper / Bronze bearing materials. Sorry, we do not work with magnesium.
Assembly Methods and Capabilities
- Welding, brazing; dip and conventional brazing, Friction Welding
- Press fit, mechanical fastener assembly, riveting, staking, and any safety wiring
- Bearing, bushing installation with priming, staking and proof load testing
- IUID / UID Part Marking per customer or Mil-Std-130 is supported
- Mil-STD-129 RFID Tagging is supported
Specialized Machining Capabilities
In addition to conventional and CNC machining, we also can provide the following either directly or from one of our closely managed subcontractors:
- Surface grinding, OD grinding between centers and centerless grinding
- Broaching, gear cutting, knurling, thread rolling, spline and keyway cutting
- Electron Discharge Machining (EDM) both sinker and wire
- Laser and water cutting
- Deep hole or gun drilling
- Thread Rolling or forming
- Lapping, honing, deburring
- Short Run sheet metal
- Tube bending and forming
- Engraving, laser marking, etching, custom labels and plates
Specialized Testing Supplied (All outsourced)
All types of Non Destructive or Destructive Testing can be supplied such as:
- X-Ray, ultrasonic, dye-penetrate, eddy current, etc.
- Destructive, grain direction, tensile Testing
Specialized Processes, Plating, Finishing, and Painting (All outsourced)
- Material heat treatment, Nitriding, Carborizing, annealing, cold cycle stabilize, etc.
- Shot peening
- Chemical film, cadmium and zinc plating, anodizing, Dri-Lube, Teflon Coating
- Powder coat, Ion Vapor Deposit, Titanium coating
- Painting to various Aerospace and Mil specifications using NADCAP suppliers
- Electro polishing, Passivation
- Chrome plating both hard and cosmetic. Including Grind/chrome/Grind precision surfaces.
Engineering Support Systems and Support
- CATIA 3D Modeling and Solidworks
- Mastercam 4 & 5 Axis Full Programming (CAM)
- Vista Production Control and Materials Management Software Systems
- Finished goods and "spares" inventory databases
- Job Costing and Accounting database systems
- Jaco manages its own internal, secure data center and data storage systems. No cloud storage of your data is used here.
- Email and high speed fiber internet.
- Secure high speed wireless internet access point provided for visiting customers and guests.
- Finance and Management
- Shipping and receiving team
- General Manager and Production team
- Sales, Marketing, Contracts Administration team
- In-house CAD/CAM programming staff
- Quality Assurance team
Here is a Partial Customer List
- Boeing Various Divisions: Mesa, Seattle, Seal Beach, St.Louis, Oklahoma, etc.
- Eaton Aerospace
- Fokker Landing Gear NV
- Goodrich Corporation
- Hamilton Standard
- Lockheed Martin
- MD Helicopters
- Northrop Grumman Ordinance
- Rockwell Collins / Safran
- U.S. Department of Defense (CAGE 1H427), US Army
And we can provide client references on request, so you can hear directly what our customers say about Jaco.